Devon County Council awarded funding for active travel schemes
Devon County Council have secured £2.1 million in active travel funding from central government to support a number of priority schemes in Exeter, Newton Abbot, North Devon and Torridge.
Schemes to benefit include:
- Completing a section of the Tarka Trail between Ilfracombe and Braunton
- Constructing a zebra crossing on Richmond Road in Appledore
- Improved active travel infrastructure on Queen Street in Newton Abbot, subject to committee approval
- Continuing with road layout enhancements on Queen Street and Iron Bridge in Exeter
- Upgrading walking and cycling links in Wonford, Exeter
- Designing schemes to improve connections between the proposed Rifford Road cycleway and existing walking and cycling facilities
Action T11. Reallocate road capacity to sustainable modes.