Community Energy Fund supports projects across Devon
Devon County Council’s Community Energy Fund has funded several projects to create new energy companies, deliver additional training places, and engage communities in the Community Energy sector.
- Regen South West and Devon Energy Collective – Power Allotments – this project created an online toolkit for use by Devon’s citizens to identify potential sites for renewable energy sites that Regen will then analyse and prioritise for future opportunities
- Exeter Community Energy – this project recruited and trained additional Home Energy Advisors, Retrofit Coordinators, Retrofit Assessors, and Community Energy Champions to increase organisational capacity and deliver energy efficiency advice and solutions
- Heart of Devon Community Energy – Community Wind Turbine project has set up a new Community Interest Company to engage citizens and do feasibility work to bring forward a new, community owned wind turbine in Mid Devon
- South Dartmoor Community Energy – Equipping for Retrofit Rollout – this project has upskilled members of the SDCE Team to deliver complex retrofit advice that aligns with provision across the County
- Tamar Energy Community – Retrofit Service Ready – this project has delivered tailored retrofit advice to enable the TEC Team to become accredited Retrofit Advisors, Assessors, and Coordinators
- Totnes Renewable Energy Society – Solar Roofs and Energy Local Clubs – this project has developed community owned solar PV installations and established a Totnes Energy Local Club to buy this power, lowering energy costs for local residents
Community-led energy projects help local communities to benefit from greater control over energy generation, purchasing and more. They can help to improve energy efficiency and increase the amount of energy generated from low-carbon and renewable sources.
Action E3. Provide support for communities wishing to develop their own energy infrastructure.